Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Middle

Okay, I should start by saying that I love the ABC show The Middle. It is my favorite new show! I laugh so hard every time I watch this show that yes... a little pee comes out!

Anyway, if you live in Indiana you understand that the winter season can be extremely long and brutal on your sanity and physical well being. At the first sign of warmth, you send the kids outside and tell them to do something, anything that doesn't involve you in any way. I mean parents need a break too! My kids usually spend a total of 3 minutes outside before one of them is crying, bleeding, or running back in to tell on the other one. I always wonder if I can just lock the door, but my better judgment wins out and I end up going outside with them. Which means I end up organizing some activity they can do without killing each other.

Last week, I was refereeing a basketball game between my two boys and slipped on the one little piece of ice still not melted in my driveway and fell right on my butt. After I got up and wiped myself off, one of the boys shot the basketball and it ricocheted off the rim and nailed me right in the nose. So this time, I was the one running in the house crying and there may have been just a little blood too.

I found this video clip today and then went outside to see if I could see the ABC satellite that must be hovering above my house, filming my family for show ideas. The scary thing is, I was wearing my red IU sweatshirt when I was outside with my boys! Just like the clip!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG - the best post ever. We feel your pain. The boys would KILL each other outside alone for more than a few minutes. Thanks for the post. We laughed so hard.