Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lordy, Lordy Heather turned 40!


The dreaded day has come and gone folks! I survived and I think I might be embracing the whole "40" thing now. What choice do I have? I heard several 40 year old jokes and got lots of advice, but I think my favorite were some of the quotes people wrote in my cards:

"At 20 years of age the will reigns; at 30 the wit; at 40 the judgement"
By Benjamin Franklin

"At the age of 20, we don't care what the world thinks of us; at 30, we worry about what it is thinking of us; at 40, we discover that it wasn't thinking of us at all."
By anonymous

"Women deserve to have more than twelve years between the ages of twenty eight and forty"
By James Thurber

"The lovely thing about being forty is that you can appreciate twenty-five-year-old men"
By Colleen McCullough

I had a great birthday and thanks to all for the great cards!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!