Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Perfect Day Curse

If you know me at all, you know that I very rarely take a whole day to do something for just me, myself, and I. Seriously... I can't even remember the last time I did something on the spur of the moment and actually enjoyed it. (I know! I have issues.) However, yesterday the stars aligned and the universe smiled upon me for a brief moment. Every person in my house had some place to be the entire day that did not involve me taking them or picking them up. Even the dog was out for the day at the groomer!

I decided to seize the moment and have a spa day for myself. I had a gift card for a massage and pedicure that I got last year for my birthday. I got everything scheduled and even planned a little shopping trip after the spa treatments. Let me tell you, I was really proud of myself and I was looking forward to the ME time! So much so, that I had to brag about how my "Perfect Day" was shaping up in a text to my BFF J-Girl. As soon as I hit the send button, I instantly got a chill up the back of my neck.

Well the chill was my warning sign. My perfect day started off with Sam waking up at 6 am throwing up and having a nasty case of diarrhea. I sort of lost track of time dealing with Sam, and Sean over slept and missed the bus. I had to rush him to school just barely getting him in the door in time. I also decided to multitask and take the dog to the groomer after dropping Sean off at school. Now I was really running late so I just threw a long coat on over my PJs (Trust me... never a good idea). When I got to the groomer, I was relieved that no other cars were there and I could slip in and out without anyone seeing me in my PJs. As soon as I opened the door, Manny the wonder dog, shot out and took off across the yard at the groomer. He must have thought we were playing some kind of game because I could not catch that dog for anything. It got so bad that 2 of the groomers had to come out and help me catch him. As I turned around to get back into my car, there was a whole line of cars with people watching me. I am sure I must be on youtube by now. But wait! It's not over yet. When I got back in the car, Sam hands me a plastic bag that he had thrown up in while I was chasing the dog. And this was all before 9:30.

Some Perfect Day huh? I think I need a back up plan or something.

No comments: