Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My day with Sarah

I had a truly unique experience just a few days ago. I went to try and get my copy of Going Rogue signed by Sarah Palin. I enlisted the company of my BFF Julie and off we went, oh so early in the morning to get a wristband, to then get in line in the evening to get our book signed. We had to wait 3 hours in the cold, wet Indiana weather, but we did get a wristband. I was so excited! I think Julie was just glad we actually got a wristband and got to go into a heated area after waiting so long in the miserable weather. We had a few hours to kill until Sarah arrived so we did a little shopping to try and beef up our outerwear a little, we got some lunch, and then took in a movie.

The line when we arrived! You can see Borders way, way up there!
Finally we got our wristbands!
Then it was time. Around 6:00 PM, a huge blue bus pulled up in front of Borders Bookstore and out came Sarah Palin in 4 inch heels holding her baby boy Trig. I am telling you it was like a rock star had just arrived! The crowd went crazy with cheers and yells. Sarah said a few words to the crowd and then got down to business signing books.

Sarah's Bus
I sincerely wish this story had a happy ending but I am sorry to say it does not. Julie and I waited another 3 long hours in the now dark, cold, wet Indiana weather and didn't get in to get our books signed. I think the bookstore over estimated how long it might take to sign 1,000 copies because they barely got through half of the wristbands. Let me tell you, it was a very tiring, chilly day, and I think I had a little tear rolling down my cheek when we left Noblesville. However, I did get to spend the day with my BFF and I really enjoyed talking to all the people there. I can honestly say... I would do it all over again! Not so sure I could talk Julie into it again but I know I would. Thanks J for going! You are the best!

1 comment:

BFF Julie said...

Oh I'd do it again in a heartbeat, pal...I had a fun day eating tacos at Red Robin, keeping an eye out for ol' longnecker, and freezing to death with you...and I'm still holding out hope that our pink bracelets are gonna score us a signed book or two!